So, I need to post a comment policy.
Up until now, I haven't needed to, however I've had one particular commenter who's been relentles in taking up a lot of my time in ongoing responses. I don't have time for this shit.
OK, here's draft 1.0 of the Drunken Madman comment policy:
- Be concise. Blogs are not platforms for exchanging essays. They're about immediate, snappy commentary. If your point spans more than one comment because you can't fit it in one, you run the risk of having it canned
- If you have a position, stick to it. Goalpost-shifting is something that really annoys me.
- If you have a point, GET TO IT. Don't take 15+ posts. See law #1
- Censorship is a BAD thing, so I won't delete your posts, but if a thread is turning into an interminable ramble, goes off-topic or descends into a trollfest, the comments will be closed.
- Wheaton's Law: Don't Be A Dick. Whether you are being a dick or not is subjective, and I'm the judge.
- Spam will be murdered, mercilessly
- Repeated comments will be trimmed down to a single comment, unless other rules come into play.
- No whining about free speech because of the above. You still have freedom of speech, you just can't write graffiti on my house, so STFU.
No, you can't comment on this post.
posted @ Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:51 PM